Re: pgsql/src/backend/access/nbtree nbtutils.c

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql/src/backend/access/nbtree nbtutils.c
Date: 2001-05-17 15:56:58
Lists: pgsql-committers

> >> Bruce Momjian - CVS <momjian(at)hub(dot)org> writes:
> > Small cleanup of spacing.
> >>
> >> Kinda pointless when pgindent is going to change it right back, eh?
>
> > There were empty lines around stuff:
>
> The change I was looking at was removal of a blank line just before a
> comment block. pgindent inserts those whether you want 'em or not
> (one of several things I do not like about it). The lines you removed
> were in fact inserted by the last pgindent run.

Wow, that stinks. Let me try a test.

Ewe, yes, I see that now. A blank line is force before all comment
blocks.

It was the -bbb indent flag:

-bbb, -nbbb If -bbb is specified, a blank line is forced before every
block comment. Default: -nbbb.

I have removed that flag from pgindent.

I guess I added =bbb that so a normal comment block had a blank line
before it. Do you normally like a blank line before comment blocks when
there is no brace on the line above?

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us