Compile errors on Solaris 8

From: William Osmond <william(at)supplyedge(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Compile errors on Solaris 8
Date: 2001-05-16 21:21:19
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hi everyone, I'm attempting to compile the odbc interface for postgresql 7.1, and it keeps giving me these unresolved symbol errors.  Any help would be appreciated, as I am admittedly somewhat of a novice with regards to the solaris environment.

----
ar crs libpsqlodbc.a `lorder info.o bind.o columninfo.o connection.o convert.o drvconn.o environ.o execute.o lobj.o misc.o options.o pgtypes.o psqlodbc.o qresult.o results.o socket.o parse.o statement.o gpps.o tuple.o tuplelist.o dlg_specific.o | tsort`
UX tsort: INFORM: cycle in data
        results.o
        parse.o
        info.o
UX tsort: INFORM: cycle in data
        psqlodbc.o
        dlg_specific.o
        convert.o
        connection.o
        results.o
        parse.o
        statement.o
        bind.o
UX tsort: INFORM: cycle in data
        socket.o
        psqlodbc.o
        dlg_specific.o
        convert.o
        connection.o
        results.o
        qresult.o
        columninfo.o
UX tsort: INFORM: cycle in data
        socket.o
        psqlodbc.o
        dlg_specific.o
        convert.o
        connection.o
UX tsort: INFORM: cycle in data
        pgtypes.o
        psqlodbc.o
        dlg_specific.o
        convert.o
UX tsort: INFORM: cycle in data
        psqlodbc.o
        dlg_specific.o
        misc.o
UX tsort: INFORM: cycle in data
        dlg_specific.o
        psqlodbc.o
ranlib libpsqlodbc.a
gcc  -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -fPIC -G -Wl,-h,libpsqlodbc.so.0 -Wl,-Bsymbolic info.o bind.o columninfo.o connection.o convert.o drvconn.o environ.o execute.o lobj.o misc.o options.o pgtypes.o psqlodbc.o qresult.o results.o socket.o parse.o statement.o gpps.o tuple.o tuplelist.o dlg_specific.o  -lm -lm -lc -Wl,-R/usr/local/pgsql/lib -o libpsqlodbc.so.0.26
socket                              socket.o
recv                                socket.o
gethostbyname                       socket.o
send                                socket.o
inet_addr                           socket.o
main                                /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/2.95.3/crt1.o
connect                             socket.o
ld: warning: Symbol referencing errors

Thank you in advance,
Bill Osmond

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Johann ZuschlagDate: 2001-05-16 21:45:25