Re: Build fails for pl/tcl on OpenBSD

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Robert Hentosh <hentosh(at)io(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Build fails for pl/tcl on OpenBSD
Date: 2001-05-07 16:48:43
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> > I have in fact done this --- HPUX likes nonstandard prefixes ;-). IIRC,
> > you must set --with-includes and --with-libraries, and your PATH had
> > better find the appropriate version of tclsh first. It would appear
> > >from looking at configure that the --with-tclconfig option is fairly
> > useless, since if you don't set it the correct value is extracted by
> > asking tclsh. You'd only need to specify it if your Tcl setup is not
> > internally consistent.
>
> The idea might have been that you could select which one of several
> installed Tcl version to use. E.g., if you have a cutting edge
> experimental build somewhere you could use
> --with-tclconfig=$HOME/tcl-install/lib.

I had a pltcl issue here yesterday. I fixed the problem, but I noted
that pltcl is linked not using information from Makefile.shlib, but
using commands from tclConfig.sh. Not sure this is wrong, but it
certainly can cause problems if tclConfig.sh and Makefile.shlib don't
match.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us