Re: Readysetnet FTP mirror broken

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-documentation <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Readysetnet FTP mirror broken
Date: 2001-05-04 01:54:25
Lists: pgsql-docs

> On Thu, 3 May 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > If from the mirror's page, I click on the US mirror:
> >
> > ftp://postgresql.readysetnet.com/pub/postgresql/
> >
> > it comes right back with no change in the page. Looks broken.
>
> I can't get on right now 'cuze it has a limit of 60 users and there
> are 60. What exactly did you see and what did you expect to see?
> They rsynced both FTP and Web mirrors a few mins after 5 this am.
> When you see multiple flags for a mirror, the left most (when reading
> left to right, top to bottom like a book) is the mirror that rsynced
> most recently - with the exception of www.ca which is hub. If they
> haven't rsynced within the last 48 hours of the time you bring up the
> page, the flag for that mirror is dropped from the page.

[ CC'ed to docs.]

This does help. My problem with readyset.net is that I tried it as an
FTP mirror, and it just comes back to the original page. I thought if
the limit was exceeded, it would display some error message.

Good to know ca. is hub.org.

My bigest problem is that I commited some changes yesterday to:

http://www.ca.postgresql.org/devel-corner/docs/admin/kernel-resources.html#SYSVIPC

and I don't see them today. I wanted to send the URL to someone for a
comment. I also looked for snapshot tarballs, and couldn't find
anything newer than April 8. I just looked at the logs and it seems I
introduced some problem here:

openjade -D . -D ./ref -D ./../graphics -d stylesheet.dsl -i output-html -t sgml postgres.sgml
openjade:runtime.sgml:1639:8:E: character data is not allowed here
openjade:runtime.sgml:1646:13:E: end tag for "LISTITEM" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified
openjade:runtime.sgml:1591:6: start tag was here
openjade:runtime.sgml:1646:13:E: end tag for "VARLISTENTRY" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified
openjade:runtime.sgml:1589:5: start tag was here
openjade:runtime.sgml:1646:13:E: end tag for "VARIABLELIST" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified
openjade:runtime.sgml:1587:4: start tag was here
openjade:runtime.sgml:1647:16:E: end tag for element "LISTITEM" which is not open
openjade:runtime.sgml:1648:19:E: end tag for element "VARLISTENTRY" which is not open
openjade:runtime.sgml:1651:18:E: document type does not allow element "VARLISTENTRY" here; assuming missing "VARIABLELIST" start-tag
openjade:runtime.sgml:1828:9:E: end tag for element "PARA" which is not open
gmake[1]: *** [postgres.html] Error 1
gmake[1]: *** Deleting file `postgres.html'

I will get that fixed now.

Also, I like the way you have that configured. Very nice, droping
inactive mirrors and stuff.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us