Re: Thanks, naming conventions, and count()

From: "B(dot) Palmer" <bpalmer(at)crimelabs(dot)net>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Thanks, naming conventions, and count()
Date: 2001-04-30 03:24:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

2 points:

- I thought that a big part of the reason we got rid of filenames was
so we would use arbitrary table / db names that were not restricted by
the file system / OS. Using links would then return this restriction.

- What is the format for the table? Could we write a tool that can
read the tables raw in case of a 'HARD' crash? One could then walk the
table by hand as need. Can someone give me information on the schema
for the files? i'll take a look at it. There may also be a way to
then use WAL files to do some more serious recovery.

Thoughts?

- brandon