Strange PG error

From: "Dr(dot) Evil" <drevil(at)sidereal(dot)kz>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Strange PG error
Date: 2001-04-29 09:01:55
Lists: pgsql-general
I was trying to write a function which does a DES encryption for
Postgres, which I would then link in as a C function.  I got the
function more or less working on its own, and then I tried to link it
to PG.  The first time I executed the function, the backend died.
Then, I removed the Unix domain socket, and made sure that no
postmasters were running, and tried to restart PG, and I got this
error:

> pg_ctl -D /home/data start
pg_ctl: It seems another postmaster is running. Try to start
postmaster anyway.
pg_ctl: Cannot start postmaster. Is another postmaster is running?
> IpcSemaphoreCreate: semget failed (No space left on device)
key=5432015, num=16, permission=600
This type of error is usually caused by an improper
shared memory or System V IPC semaphore configuration.
For more information, see the FAQ and platform-specific
FAQ's in the source directory pgsql/doc or on our
web site at http://www.postgresql.org.
FATAL 1:  InitProcGlobal: IpcSemaphoreCreate failed

Any tips on this?  I checked all the processes, and definitely, no
postmaster is running, no psql clients are running, no apache is
running, nothing, and yet PG won't restart.  How do I get it to
restart?

Also, I need some help on this function writing.  More questions
later...

Thanks

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: Dr. EvilDate: 2001-04-29 09:24:46
Subject: Re: Strange PG error
Subject: Re: Joining more than 2 tables