Postgres 7.1 on Win2K

From: Kian Parsee <kparsee(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres 7.1 on Win2K
Date: 2001-04-27 14:21:00
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
I have installed the latest version of postgres,
cygwin, and cygipc on my win2K machine.  Postgres
build went fine.  I start up the ipc-daemon from the
command prompt, and then I start postmaster -i.  When
I try to run createdb, I get the following errors:

pq_flush: send() failed: Invalid argument
pq_recvbuf: recv() failed: The descriptor is a file,
not a socket
psql: pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel
unexpectedly.
        This probably means the backend terminated
abnormally
        before or while processing the request.
createdb: database creation failed

Can anybody help?