Another Problem Connecting to JDBC7.0

From: Matthew Hyatt <mhyatt(at)studiosite(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Another Problem Connecting to JDBC7.0
Date: 2001-04-21 18:01:05
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Read several threads in this group, especially "Problem connecting to JDBC7.0-1.2 driver" posted by BNV Raman and Brett McCoy.  I've done most everything BNV Raman did, but I'm still not connecting.
Background:
+ Red Hat 7.0.x
+ postgresql 7.0.3-2 (ran rpm updates using 10 rpm's directly from postgresql.org)
+ jdk1.3.0_02
+ j2sdkee1.2.1
+ postmaster -i (yep)
+ copied JDBC7.0-1.2.jar to postgresql.jar
+ set userconfig.sh to: J2EE_CLASSPATH="/usr/lib/pgsql/postgresql.jar:/usr/java/j2sdkee1.2.1/lib/system/postgresql.jar"
+ set /etc/profile J2EE_CLASSPATH to the same as above. I point to two postgresql.jar files, because it sounds like Raman left them in /usr/lib/psql directory, and Sun documents said to copy them into the ...j2sdkee.../lib/system directory.  So, I did both.
+ Did NOT set CLASSPATH, because Sun j2sdkee docs said to remove CLASSPATH references
+ pgsql runs query statements, I've made and populated several databases
+ java code compiles, jsp runs (tomcat)
+ Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver")
"No suitable driver... error"
Since the CLASSPATH setting is one difference between Raman's success, and my failures, I tried pointing to the postgresql.jar using -classpath when compiling, still, "No suitable driver".

Raman and McCoy made mention of "interfaces" dir.  I cannot find interfaces.  I ran all the rpm's:
postgresql-7.0.3-2.i386.rpm
postgresql-devel-7.0.3-2.i386.rpm
postgresql-jdbc-7.0.3-2.i386.rpm
postgresql-odbc-7.0.3-2.i386.rpm
postgresql-perl-7.0.3-2.i386.rpm
postgresql-python-7.0.3-2.i386.rpm
postgresql-server-7.0.3-2.i386.rpm
postgresql-tcl-7.0.3-2.i386.rpm
postgresql-test-7.0.3-2.i386.rpm
postgresql-tk-7.0.3-2.i386.rpm

All of the above rpm's verify.

What did I do wrong?  Please advise, before I pull out ALL of my hair!

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: Cori RhodesDate: 2001-04-21 18:42:19