help! run PostgreSQL in Cygwin

From: redhat0320 <unruly_wind(at)sina(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: help! run PostgreSQL in Cygwin
Date: 2001-04-19 16:26:04
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
hello, everyone:
   I want to run PostgreSQL in Cygwin, but I failed. Is here anyone can help me?

   I use Windows NT Workstation 4.0,service pack6.I installed recent cygipc package and replaced cygwin1.dll to the recent snapshot of 2001/04/16. Then I type

ipc-daemon --install-as-service
net start ipc-daemon
initdb
postmaster -i &

All is ok, then I type
psql template1

but I got this error message
psql: pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
        before or while processing the request.

pq_flush: send() failed: The connection was aborted
pq_recvbuf: recv() failed: errorno ESHUTDOWN triggered

    Who can tell me what does this message mean? or give me some advice about how should I do next.
    Thanks very much.

David Lee
from Germany
01/04/19