Re: UNIX domain socket change breaks PostgreSQL (was Re: initdb fails)

From: Jason Tishler <Jason(dot)Tishler(at)dothill(dot)com>
To: Cygwin-Developers <cygwin-developers(at)cygwin(dot)com>
Cc: Pgsql-Cygwin <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: UNIX domain socket change breaks PostgreSQL (was Re: initdb fails)
Date: 2001-04-19 00:58:50
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
Chris,

On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 06:19:08PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 05:53:18PM -0400, Jason Tishler wrote:
> >I will do a full cvs update, make clean, and make to verify that the
> >problem is fixed in the current CVS.  I'll report back tomorrow.
>
> Ok.  I would be interested in seeing if all of the changes that I made
> affect PostgresSQL.

The problem is fixed in the current CVS too.  I just ran a full PostgreSQL
regression test and all tests passed.  Note that I just ran against the
DLL -- I didn't rebuild PostgreSQL against the snapshot.

> >> Could you try putting back the select change and backing out the net.cc
> >> change?  I would be interested in seeing if that fixes things too.
> >
> >This fixes the problem too which implies that it should be fixed in the
> >current CVS.
>
> Good.  That makes sense.  I should have read the description of SO_LINGER
> before I made the change for AF_UNIX sockets.  If I had, I never would have
> considered it.

No problem.  Thanks for the speedy fix -- it is much appreciated.

Jason

--
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235