Re: JDBC error in 7.0.3

From: Travis Bauer <trbauer(at)indiana(dot)edu>
To: Peter T Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JDBC error in 7.0.3
Date: 2001-04-17 16:10:52
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-jdbc

Thanks for the reply. I figured it out. The previous insert
statement before this one was including unusual character codes
as part of a string. This was confusing the postmaster, which would
stop interpreting that sql statement at that character and then
for some reason confuse the next statements as part of the
previous one. I'm not sure why this is. I fixed the problem by
having my program "wash" all strings so no unusual characters
get through. If you'd like to puruse this issue further I can
send you the offending string, but I have fixed this particular
problem for my purposes.

Travis Bauer | CS Grad Student | IU |www.cs.indiana.edu/~trbauer