Re: Where's the Database?

From: "Oliver Elphick" <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: B2D2(at)MaroisApps(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Where's the Database?
Date: 2001-04-17 06:32:11
Lists: pgsql-docs
"Big Bad Data Daddy" wrote:
  >Hey List;
  >I've been really getting into PostgreSQL attempting to rewrite my current
  >website ( ) with a DB backend.  The site is
  >working on flat text files currently.  My question is for archiving/backing
  >up  and just general knowledge, where are my databases being stored by
  >default.  I've been creating the database logged on a specific user not
  >root.  I'm just curious, I know that I'm supposed to write scripts to create
  >the tables, triggers, indexes, etc and then import my exported data back
  >into the tables if something runs amiss.
Your databases are stored where you told initdb to put them.

When you create a new database it goes in the same directory as all the others;
ownership is not relevant to that, since all the files are owned by the
postgresql administrator login.

Oliver Elphick                                Oliver(dot)Elphick(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk
Isle of Wight
     "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to
      become the sons of God, even to them that believe on
      his name."    John 1:12

pgsql-docs by date

Next:From: fabrizio.erminiDate: 2001-04-17 08:37:21
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Non-english articles on the website
Previous:From: Big Bad Data DaddyDate: 2001-04-17 01:51:28
Subject: Where's the Database?