When I install postgresql using rpm it is ok. When I compile the fonts and execute the initdb hapen a Error: unknown type 'ame'.

From: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: When I install postgresql using rpm it is ok. When I compile the fonts and execute the initdb hapen a Error: unknown type 'ame'.
Date: 2001-04-11 00:13:16
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Marcos Roberto Henker (henker(at)lasalle(dot)tche(dot)br) reports a bug with a severity of 3

Short Description
When I install postgresql using rpm it is ok. When I compile the fonts and execute the initdb hapen a Error: unknown type 'ame'.

Long Description
initdb
This database system will be initialized with username "postgres".
This user will own all the data files and must also own the server process.

Creating database system directory /usr/local/pgsql/data
Creating database system directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/base
Creating database XLOG directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_xlog
Creating template database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/template1
ERROR: Error: unknown type 'ame'.

ERROR: Error: unknown type 'ame'.

Creating global relations in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base
ERROR: Error: unknown type 'ame'.

ERROR: Error: unknown type 'ame'.

Adding template1 database to pg_database
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb: line 484: 14049 segmentation failed (core dump) "$PGPATH"/postgres $BACKENDARGS template1 <"$TEMPFILE"

initdb faile.
Removing /usr/local/pgsql/data.
Removing temp file /tmp/initdb.14049.

Sample Code