table version history

From: Tom Strickland <tom(at)stricklandc(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Postgres Novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: table version history
Date: 2001-04-08 16:09:40
Lists: pgsql-novice
I'd like to provide users with history on important tables, so that
they can go back and examine changes. This is partly to do with the
UK's Data Protection Act, which states that an organisation must keep
a log of all changes to information kept on a user. I'd like to have a
mechanism of being able to print a report on one of our clients that:
1) prints all current info on user (easy)
2) prints all changes to that user's info (not so easy).

I'm not asking for anything fancy (such as the ability to roll back
records). Has anyone else tried this?

Thanks,

tom

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Andrew McMillanDate: 2001-04-08 17:37:46