Re: Problem with group by in conjuction with Views

From: "Jim Buttafuoco" <jim(at)/etc/mail/ok>
To: Jeroen Eitjes <Eitjes(at)WalRas(dot)nl>, "'pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem with group by in conjuction with Views
Date: 2001-03-29 15:00:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

This seems to work for me. I used the snapshot from 3/28 on Solaris 8

SELECT service, count(*) AS GebruikersAantal
FROM tbtrouble GROUP BY service;
service | gebruikersaantal
-----------+------------------
Service 1 | 2
Service 3 | 2
Service 4 | 1
(3 rows)

SELECT service, count(*) AS GebruikersAantal
FROM vwtrouble GROUP BY service;
service | gebruikersaantal
-----------+------------------
Service 1 | 2
Service 3 | 2
Service 4 | 1
(3 rows)

> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not
understand

> Hi there,
>
> I have found a small but annoying bug. I have created a view. The
> SQL-statement in the view contains a GROUP BY statement. Then I
compose a
> SQL-statement using this view and another GROUP BY statement and a
COUNT(*)