Re: Libpq for the MacOS (2)

From: Takehiko Abe <keke(at)mac(dot)com>
To: Stephane Pinel <spinel(at)noos(dot)fr>, <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Libpq for the MacOS (2)
Date: 2001-03-28 10:20:54
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Stephane Pinel wrote:

> Has anybody already heard about a port of libpq librairies for MacOS
> Metrowerks CodeWarrior ?

Are you looking for a libpq for OSX or OS8-9? For OSX, I think porting
is not hard and someone will come up with it sooner or later. For OS8-9,
however, there's no port afaik and I'm afraid it is not going to happen.

If you want to connect from MacOS9 to PostgreSQL, I think you'd better
go for talking to the backend directly. The backend protocol is rather
simple.

regards,
abe

--
If art interprets our dreams, the computer executes them in the
guise of the programs!