Re: Datatypes in embedded SQL

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Mic <Mic(dot)c(at)sloten(dot)demon(dot)nl>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Datatypes in embedded SQL
Date: 2001-03-28 06:51:58
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 08:35:05PM +0200, Mic wrote:
> Thing is, I'm trying to declare a struct in the embedded SQL part in my C
> program, but the preprocessor complains about an 'unknown data type in line
> 162'. Is it not possible at all in Postgres to declare a structure? I tried

Which data type are you using? It is possible to declare a struct inside
the declare section.

> writing out the DBstruct in the SQL DECLARE section, that didn't work
> either.

You have to write it out there or else the statement using the struct won't
work because the preproc never saw the definition.

> typedef struct {
>    int  line_nr,
>         type;
>    char nick[10],
>         line[161];
> } DBstruct;

That won't work. ECPG will not see this part of the code. Did you try the
latest CVS version aka PostgreSQL 7.1?

Michael Meskes
Go SF 49ers! Go Rhein Fire!
Use Debian GNU/Linux! Use PostgreSQL!