Re: make caught doing what configure should...

From: Alfred Perlstein <bright(at)wintelcom(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: make caught doing what configure should...
Date: 2001-03-23 16:42:51
Lists: pgsql-patches

* Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> [010323 08:40] wrote:
> Alfred Perlstein <bright(at)wintelcom(dot)net> writes:
> > Shouldn't configure look for the pre-generated file when the test for
> > bison fails?
>
> No, I don't think so. At least not that way: what you'd need to
> discover is not only whether gram.c exists but whether it is newer
> than all its prerequisite files.
>
> Besides, I think the warning message is appropriate in any case, since
> it lets bison-less people know that they had better not blow away gram.c
> or hack on gram.y.

Er, not really, it (the warning) gets blown away by all the rest
of the ./configure output. It might as well error out, not just
warn, then you can actually see the message.

--
-Alfred Perlstein - [bright(at)wintelcom(dot)net|alfred(at)freebsd(dot)org]
Daemon News Magazine in your snail-mail! http://magazine.daemonnews.org/