Re: reteptools.jar

From: "Ross J(dot) Reedstrom" <reedstrm(at)rice(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: reteptools.jar
Date: 2001-03-20 16:04:44
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 05:00:12PM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Bruce Momjian writes:
> >
> > I am told you can re-release LGPL stuff with a BSD license. You just
> > need to up the version number and put a BSD license on it.
>
> I don't think so. But since Peter M. is the author of the library, he can
> re-release it under any license any number of times.

I nominate Peter E. as domain expert on license questions. [must keep
straight face... dang] ;->

That's my understanding, as well: it's Peter M.'s code, he can re-license
however he sees fit (can't remove the existing license for any particular
version, though, unless that license has a termination clause, which
neither LGPL nor BSD have)

Ross