Re: Re: URL for gmake

From: "Russell Hires" <rhires(at)earthlink(dot)net>
To: Bill Barnes <kgbsoft(at)yahoo(dot)com>, "pg-general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: URL for gmake
Date: 2001-03-17 01:46:52
Lists: pgsql-general

This is just a guess, but I think the reference to gmake is simply for those
that don't use GNU/Linux systems, such as Solaris. You have gmake if you are
running a GNU/Linux system (which you are, of course, since you've got
Debian). I'm sure all Unix variants have a "make" style program, just the
one required for Postgresql is gnu-make.

Hope my theory is correct,

Russell

_its_ (no apostrophe) means "the thing that it owns"
_it's_ (with apostrophe) means "it is"