Re: Are my notes of any use to people?

From: dev(at)archonet(dot)com
To: <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <jclift(at)iprimus(dot)com(dot)au>
Subject: Re: Are my notes of any use to people?
Date: 2001-03-11 22:22:15
Lists: pgsql-docs

Richard H <dev(at)archonet(dot)com> said:

Well, I've tidied my notes up a bit now and by the time you read this the updated ones should be at:

http://www.archonet.com/pgdocs/pgnotes.html

I still need to:

1. Check + add more links to the reference material.
2. Proof-read and test the queries against the example database.

So - I don't need a close scrutiny at the moment, but I'd appreciate any comments on style/areas covered. I've tried not to duplicate the FAQ and I think I've covered most of the common questions I've seen on the mailing list but if I've missed anything now would be a good time to tell me.

In addition, a couple of questions:

1. Should I go through and document where what I say is v7.1 only? I intend to add a warning at the top, but 7.0 is far from obselete and I was wondering what others thought.

2. The docs I've got from my beta download came out as .htm whereas the ones on the website are .html - will it be .html for both on release because I'd like to set up my notes so they can refer to local docs as well as the website.

3. You've got mirroring of the postgresql.org website - is that done with DNS or a redirect on the homepage? I ask because I don't want to point people to the one server if you've gone to the trouble of setting up mirrors to spread the load.

PS - I'll probably be out and about all of Monday so it might be Tuesday before I read any replies.

PPS - It's just possible that a lot of people might be busy with the 7.1 release anyway, so good luck.

- Richard Huxton