Merging PyGreSQL development into PostgreSQL

From: darcy(at)druid(dot)net (D'Arcy J(dot)M(dot) Cain)
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)PostgreSQL(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-announce(at)PostgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Merging PyGreSQL development into PostgreSQL
Date: 2001-03-03 16:10:58
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-interfaces

As some of you may have already noticed, after discussions with Thomas
Lockhart I have officially moved the development of PyGreSQL directly
into the PostgreSQL tree. I think that this will be beneficial to both
the PostgreSQL project and PyGreSQL.

We were talking about the PyGreSQL version number and whether I should
switch to tracking the PostgreSQL version number instead of using an
independent one. Thomas points out that others may think that they
need to upgrade when they don't need to because the number got bumped.
On the other hand I think that people should start building PyGreSQL
in conjunction with PostgreSQL anyway so that may not be an issue.
Anyone have any ideas one way or the other?

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy(at){druid|vex}.net> | Democracy is three wolves