Re: reteptools.jar

From: Travis Bauer <trbauer(at)indiana(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: reteptools.jar
Date: 2001-02-23 13:09:58
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Peter T Mount (peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk) wrote:

[deleted text]
> Now why put them into PostgreSQL rather than separately? Well it's because 90%
> of them were written specifically for PostgreSQL (although the core XML stuff
> in cvs already also works fine with Oracle8i), so it seemed the logical place.
[deleted text]

For what it's worth, I use postgresql's existing JDBC driver quite
a bit and have built up a set of general purpose tools I use
with it.  I've released them under the IGLU library at:

The relevant utilities are in the iglu.jdbc package.  The tools
illustrate some things that can be done with postgres, although
I believe they should work with any jdbc driver.

Travis Bauer | CS Grad Student | IU |