Re: DBD::Pg is suddenly acting up!

From: newsreader(at)mediaone(dot)net
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: DBD::Pg is suddenly acting up!
Date: 2001-02-22 04:43:46
Lists: pgsql-general

Thank you. Look what I get..
------------------
$ pg_ctl start -o "-F -S 2048"
postmaster successfully started up.
$ usage: /home/newsreader/pgsql/bin/postmaster [options]
-B nbufs set number of shared buffers
-D datadir set data directory
-S silent mode (disassociate from tty)
-a system use this authentication system
-b backend use a specific backend server executable
-d [1-5] set debugging level
-i listen on TCP/IP sockets as well as Unix domain socket
-N nprocs set max number of backends (1..1024, default 32)
-n don't reinitialize shared memory after abnormal exit
-o option pass 'option' to each backend servers
-p port specify port for postmaster to listen on
-s send SIGSTOP to all backend servers if one dies

I've found that
pg_ctl -o "-o -F -S 2048" start
works as well as
pg_ctl start -o "-o -F -S 2048"

------
If you read man page of pg_ctl you will see that
it is telling you wrong