tutorial section

From: Lonnie Cumberland <lonnie_cumberland(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: tutorial section
Date: 2001-02-21 19:35:01
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello all,

Well, I am slowly getting a feel for PostgreSQL and have even been able to get
some things to compile in the libpq++ examples section.

I was recently working in the "tutorial" section trying to run the demo
"complex" and "funcs" which by the way compiled fine after I made some path
corrections.

After I started up "psql -s" like the README says, I did "\i complex.sql" and
it started the complex script. The problem came when I got the loading the
"complex.so" file which is now resulting in "Permission denied" for some
reason, even though I have the correct file permissions set.

Type: \copyright for distribution terms
\h for help with SQL commands
\? for help on internal slash commands
\q to quit

lonnie=# \i complex.sql
***(Single step mode: Verify query)********************************************
*
CREATE FUNCTION complex_in(opaque)
RETURNS complex
AS '/home/lonnie/postgresql-7.0.3/src/tutorial/complex.so'
LANGUAGE 'c';
***(press return to proceed or enter x and return to cancel)*******************
*

psql:complex.sql:32: ERROR: stat failed on file '/home/lonnie/postgresql-7.0.3
/src/tutorial/complex.so': Permission denied