tutorial section

From: Lonnie Cumberland <lonnie_cumberland(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: tutorial section
Date: 2001-02-21 19:35:01
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hello all,

Well, I am slowly getting a feel for PostgreSQL and have even been able to get
some things to compile in the libpq++ examples section.

I was recently working in the "tutorial" section trying to run the demo
"complex" and "funcs" which by the way compiled fine after I made some path

After I started up "psql -s" like the README says, I did "\i complex.sql" and
it started the complex script. The problem came when I got the loading the
"" file which is now resulting in "Permission denied" for some
reason, even though I have the correct file permissions set.

       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help on internal slash commands
       \q to quit

lonnie=# \i complex.sql
***(Single step mode: Verify query)********************************************
CREATE FUNCTION complex_in(opaque)
   RETURNS complex
   AS '/home/lonnie/postgresql-7.0.3/src/tutorial/'
   LANGUAGE 'c';
***(press return to proceed or enter x and return to cancel)*******************

psql:complex.sql:32: ERROR:  stat failed on file '/home/lonnie/postgresql-7.0.3
/src/tutorial/': Permission denied

does someone have an ideas as to what is going on here?

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Auctions - Buy the things you want at great prices!