Re: 404 Error on Documentation Page

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 404 Error on Documentation Page
Date: 2001-02-14 18:55:40
Lists: pgsql-docs
> Steve McAtee writes:
>
> > I was doing a search for "connections" in postgresql.org.  The search page
> > directed me to this link:
> > http://www.postgresql.org/docs/programmer/x6686.htm
> >
> > Which informed me of a 404 and to email you.
>
> These 404 mails are certainly making me more empathetic for Vince, but
> what the heck are we supposed to do about it?  The vast majority of these
> should be forwarded to search-engine-operator(at)postgresql(dot)org(dot)

I fixed the backend flowchart error (use of relative link), but am
unsure about the others.  I think this is someone complaining because we
removed the documentation from /docs.  Remember that person who was
looking at the old documentation stuck in /docs a while back?  I bet
this is someone's bookmark or old mirror.

Do we have old indexes still pointing to the docs we removed?  Maybe.