PgSQL 7.1 beta 3 breaks ODBC

From: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PgSQL 7.1 beta 3 breaks ODBC
Date: 2001-02-13 17:32:53
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Josh Berkus (josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
PgSQL 7.1 beta 3 breaks ODBC

Long Description
I'm running:
Postgres 7.1 beta 3 on SuSE Linux 7.0
on the server, and

Windows 98 O.E.
MS Access 97 SR 2a
MDAC 2.5 and DCOM 98
Postgres ODBC 6.50.00
on two workstations.

Postgres ODBC, whcih workes fine when the Postgres server runs 7.0.3, does not work when the server runs 7.1 beta 3. Specifically, with 7.1 running, I can connect to the server using Postgres ODBC, but I can't browse (and thus can't connect to) any tables. The table list comes up blank.

-Josh Berkus

P.S. The ##DELETED problem mentioned by another user is a Microsoft ODBC problem, and not isolated to Postgres.

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report