Re: ODBC Patch

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: "'pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ODBC Patch
Date: 2001-02-12 14:11:46
Lists: pgsql-patches
> > Dave, can you test the attached patch?  I assume the problem was that
> > pgindent does not recognize // as comments, and in fact, we don't want
> > to use them.
> >
> > This should fix the problem.
>
> I've not tested it (I'm just configuring my new laptop :-) ) but that should
> work (and has done - if you look back in CVS I made that mod before). The
> problem is that MS VC++ autogenerates resource.h whenever psqlodbc.rc is
> updated in the IDE. Is it possible to get pgindent to ignore that file or
> would that cause more problems?

Sure, we can ignore it, but do we want an MS-generated file to be
tracked in our CVS, and especially one with // comments?

If resource.h was included only by MS compilers, that would be better,
but I see every platform including the file.

Can you send me that resource.h file again, and I will merge in any
change made by *.rc, but keep the /* */ comments, OK?