Data now showing up

From: Ken Kinder <ken(at)kenkinder(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Data now showing up
Date: 2001-01-28 18:15:59
Lists: pgsql-admin

After a few months of running, I have a database that consistantly stops
taking inserts. It isn't a high-use database, doesn't give an error, and
is really very odd. The table has one column (text) and never more than
a dozen rows.

After a while, it just stops inserting. You type an insert in psql, it
acts like it did it, you select from the data, and it's simply not there.
If I dump and rebuild the database, the problem is solved.

Any suggestions?

psql (PostgreSQL) 7.0.0

--
Ken Kinder