Vacuum: Uninitialzed page 0 - fixing

From: "Albert REINER" <areiner(at)tph(dot)tuwien(dot)ac(dot)at>
To: PostgreSQL-Novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Vacuum: Uninitialzed page 0 - fixing
Date: 2001-01-25 15:05:53
Lists: pgsql-novice
Saluton,

my system just mailed me that performing a vacuum analyze on one of my
databases yielded:

Database: litdb
NOTICE:  Rel paper_author: Uninitialized page 0 - fixing
VACUUM

What can cause this "uninitialized page 0"? I guess it is harmless,
maybe related to the fact that I have an almost empty schema in
there. BTW the manpage for vacuum does not mention this kind of
message. I am using 7.0.2.

Albert.

Albert Reiner                                   <areiner(at)tph(dot)tuwien(dot)ac(dot)at>
Deutsch       *       English       *       Esperanto       *       Latine

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: D. DucciniDate: 2001-01-25 17:10:55