Re: Re: PostgreSQL documentation license

From: "Ross J(dot) Reedstrom" <reedstrm(at)rice(dot)edu>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Jerome Alet <alet(at)unice(dot)fr>, PostgreSQL-documentation <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: PostgreSQL documentation license
Date: 2001-01-25 15:41:32
Lists: pgsql-docs
On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 08:48:56AM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> The PostgreSQL documentation has a BSD copyright, meaning you can do
> anything with it, including sell it.

Although, if you're not going to sell it, it'd be nice to submit the
translated docs back to the project. I don't think we currently have
a mechanism for maintaining docs in multiple languages (there's one
FAQ in Chinese, I think). But that shouldn't stop you from submitting
them: we'd invent a mechanism, perhaps. ;-)

Ross

--
Ross J. Reedstrom, Ph.D., <reedstrm(at)rice(dot)edu>
NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer