Re: [INTERFACES] Re: PHP and PostgreSQL

From: Adam Haberlach <adam(at)newsnipple(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Adam Haberlach <adam(at)newsnipple(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Re: PHP and PostgreSQL
Date: 2001-01-23 18:09:08
Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-interfaces
On Mon, Jan 22, 2001 at 11:55:56PM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 27, 2000 at 12:56:26AM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > > I have been asked by the major PHP developer Rasmus Lerdorf to see if
> > > the PostgreSQL/PHP interface needs any improvements.
> > >
> > > Is the current PostgreSQL interface module in PHP adequate?  Does it
> > > support all the current libpq features?
> > >
> > > If not, would someone submit some patches to the PHP folks.  They want
> > > us to work well with PHP.  They are basically encouraging us to improve
> > > it in any way we can.
> >
> > 	I use PHP and Postgres together quite a bit, and find the APIs
> > complete enough for most things.  However, just last week I implemented
> >
> > pg_lolseek($loid, $offset $whence)
> > and
> > pg_lotell($loid)
> >
> > For some stuff that we are working on.  They are pretty straightforward,
> > and I can package them up and submit them if someone wants.
> >

> Would to send this over to the PHP folks for inclusion?  Thanks.

	I sent them patches against the at-the-time up-to-date CVS tree back
when this first came up, they said that they failed, so I sent them another
set, and have not heard back from them.  It doesn't seem to show up in the
cvs logs.

	I'll bug someone again and see if I can find out what happened.  I mean,
they only have 240 people with write access to the cvs tree...

--
Adam Haberlach            |A cat spends her life conflicted between a
adam(at)newsnipple(dot)com       |deep, passionate, and profound desire for