Re: (Cygwin) postmaster shutdown problem

From: Yutaka tanida <yutaka(at)hi-net(dot)zaq(dot)ne(dot)jp>
To: Jason Tishler <Jason(dot)Tishler(at)dothill(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: (Cygwin) postmaster shutdown problem
Date: 2001-01-09 15:43:21
Lists: pgsql-ports
Jason,

On Tue, 9 Jan 2001 09:50:56 -0500
Jason Tishler <Jason(dot)Tishler(at)dothill(dot)com> wrote:

> I find it curious that you think that the problem is in cygipc.  How does
> cygipc get involved when I am sending the SIGTERM signal directly to
> postmaster?

Cygipc's implemention ignores all signals.

Because, cygwin's signal recieving implemented by WaitForMultipleObject()
and signal_arrived variable .Cygipc semaphore is implemented by win32
semaphore and WaitForSingleObject(). So  these 2 implemention was same
level interrupt on windows .

To fix this , we must rewrite every WaitForSingleObject() to handle
signals and returns EINTR.

---
Yutaka tanida<yutaka(at)hi-net(dot)zaq(dot)ne(dot)jp>