Problem using pg_dump going from 7.0.3 to 7.1beta3

From: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem using pg_dump going from 7.0.3 to 7.1beta3
Date: 2001-01-10 05:00:59
Lists: pgsql-bugs
I was moving a small database I had from 7.0.3 to 7.1beta3 using pgdump
and had a problem with a view. The I got a syntax error when the rule
corresponding to the view was being processed. While looking around I
noticed that the dump file created a table with the name of the view
instead of creating a view. Maybe that is just the way things work
when you create views using rules instead of the create view command,
I don't know. To use the dump file I just used it as input to psql.

If this is something that isn't already known I can make the pg_dump
output file available for people to look at.

pgsql-bugs by date