From: "maheswarry ramakrishnan" <jinga_ram(at)rediffmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Query!
Date: 2001-01-08 15:11:10
Lists: pgsql-bugs
I've installed Red Hat Linux in my PC.
Along with the packages I installed Postgresql.
I went through the documentation available and tried to create a database
when I typed the following in the command prompt,
createdb mydatabase
the following error message was flashed:
Connection to database 'mydatabase' failed.
ConnectDB() failed: Is the postmaster running & accepting connections at
'UNIX socket' on port '5432'?
further i went through the documentation that suggested to set the environment.
But that also failed!
Please help!!
I would like to know how to set up the connection to the database and thereby create one.
Awaiting your reply,

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: James TroupDate: 2001-01-09 06:52:24