Re: Postgresql 7.4 fails to compile on Redhat Fedora Core 1 Linux

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: "Marcel Gsteiger" <Marcel(dot)Gsteiger(at)milprog(dot)ch>,pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql 7.4 fails to compile on Redhat Fedora Core 1 Linux
Date: 2003-12-12 15:52:52
Lists: pgsql-ports
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Did the errors match what the other person with this problem
>> reported?

> There were no errors.  He said he's seldom seen a cleaner compile. :)

I'm sorry, I took you to mean that Marcel had sent you the bad
fmgroids.h and fmgrtab.c files off-list (as I recall you requested)
and you couldn't see any pattern in the omissions in them.  Which is
what I had to conclude after looking at the bad files sent me by the
previous complainant.  I still have those, if there's anything we can
compare them to.

There is obviously *something* weird going on on RHFC1, but it seems
like the first problem is to figure out how to reproduce it ...