Re: GNU readline and BSD license

From: Patrick Welche <prlw1(at)newn(dot)cam(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: GNU readline and BSD license
Date: 2000-12-30 21:34:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Dec 30, 2000 at 02:34:24AM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> If libedit could be used as an alternative to readline depending on your
> operating system setup then there's nothing wrong with that. NetBSD
> already went the other way around and made libedit compatible with
> readline.

I had an attempt at fooling configure to look in libedit rather than
readline, and all was OK except our libedit doesn't have "rl_special_prefixes"
so tab-complete:105 is unhappy - I don't know what it is meant to do...

Re licence business, one could argue hooks are there to use NetBSD libedit ;)

Cheers,

Patrick