how to use data type interval

From: chris Gnther <guenther(at)uscreen(dot)de>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: how to use data type interval
Date: 2000-12-29 19:36:40
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi again

I hope I don't sound to stupid but can I use the
data type interval to store the time-interval between
updates of datasets? I suppose so, but how do I have
to do this? I have fields for my creation-date,
my creation-time and a timestamp in my table. I also
have fields for last- update date and time in my table
I'm sure I can get the interval with these, but I don't
know how.

can anyone point me in the right direction???

chris