Possible memory leak in Postgres V7.0.2/ecpg 2.7.1

From: buhrow(at)lothlorien(dot)nfbcal(dot)org (Brian Buhrow)
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: buhrow(at)lothlorien(dot)nfbcal(dot)org
Subject: Possible memory leak in Postgres V7.0.2/ecpg 2.7.1
Date: 2000-12-18 18:21:47
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
	Hello.  I'm brand new to this list, and fairly new to postgres.
I'm in the midst of writing a database application on top of Postgres
V7.0.2, using ecpg V2.7.1, included with the package.  I find that running
a batch client I wrote leaks memory to the extent that the client bombs out
a quarter of the way through its job.  Thinking it was my code, I traced
through the truss/ktrace output to determine when memory requests were
coming in to the OS from the process in question.  After my
initializations, I discovered that it appears that all subsequent memory
requests come in when the application is executing ecpg code.  Since I'm
not particularly familiar with the innards of the ecpg code, I thought I
would ask if anyone has seen this sort of problem before.  My sql code is
not particularly complicated, but I am using cursors, and it seems that
these allocations happen just before "declare cursor" is executed.  Can
anyone help shed light on what might be going on, and how I might fix it?
I can provide traces if that would help, as well as any debugging
statements, if someone can tell me how to turn them on.
	Many thanks in advance.
-Brian

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Joel BurtonDate: 2000-12-18 22:03:29