ODBC handling of bools?

From: Stephen Davies <scldad(at)sdc(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ODBC handling of bools?
Date: 2000-12-17 09:35:42
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hello.

I have a VB5 application which uses ODBC 6.5 (2/4/00) to access a Postgresql 7.0.2
database.

Everything works just fine except for booleans.

I manually generate the SQL to be sent to the ODBC driver ]
eg select * from member where weekends
or select * from member where weekends=true

but this fails because somewhere in the driver, this is translated to
select * from member where weekends <> 0 and this causes an error
because there is no operator to compare bools and integers.

I have tried with the "bools as char" option on and off with no effect.

I thought that this stuff had been fixed a couple of years ago. Did it
break again or am I just missing something basic?

How does one make bool tests work ?

Cheers and thanks,
Stephen Davies

Stephen Davies Consulting                              scldad(at)sdc(dot)com(dot)au
Adelaide, South Australia.                             Voice: 08-8177 1595
Computing & Network solutions.                         Fax: 08-8177 0133

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Constantin TeodorescuDate: 2000-12-17 09:43:55