I can be a BUG?

From: "Edipo E(dot) F(dot) Melo" <edipoelder(at)ig(dot)com(dot)br>
To: "pgsql-sql" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "sara(at)conectiva(dot)com(dot)br" <sara(at)conectiva(dot)com(dot)br>, "sarafabiana(at)starmedia(dot)com" <sarafabiana(at)starmedia(dot)com>
Subject: I can be a BUG?
Date: 2000-12-01 23:48:44
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi all,

My wife is working on a university graduate project with PHP
and PostgreSQL. She used ERWin to model the tables and exported the
model into ASCII file with a set of SQL commands to create the tables
(with a short corrections of types).

Whe she tried to import into PostgreSQL, using pgsql and "\i"
command, it create about 95% of the tables. The others wasn't created
because she forgot change the type of some fields.

To delete the tables, I sugest to drop the database and create
it again. She droped the database and, when she created the new one,
all tables was there. We repeat this process some times and it can't
create a empty database.

Even on a new, uncreated, with another name, database, all the
tables of the problematic database was there. Can anyone explain if we
are making somethink wrong or this is a BUG?

We using PostgreSQL 7.0.3. under Conectiva Linux 5.0. I'm
sending the ASCII script attached.

PS.: Sara, sorry if you receive more than one copy of this mensage, but
I was uncertain about you correct e-mail address.

Thank's and "Feliz Natal" to all,

[]'s

Edipo Elder F. de Melo

Attachment Content-Type Size
TESTE.ZIP application/octet-stream 5.1 KB