Re: more fun with sco

From: Larry Rosenman <ler(at)lerctr(dot)org>
To: "Arno A(dot) Karner" <karner(at)tnss(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: more fun with sco
Date: 2000-11-30 16:13:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

* Arno A. Karner <karner(at)tnss(dot)com> [001130 10:09]:
> thanks for the infor commented out define complex macro poof compiles :)
> initdb works :)
> createuser, createdb fail :( no entry in pg_hba.conf, have looked at it
> looks like the standard default one on my linux box has entries for
> local and for host 127.0.0.1
> i would search the archives but when i tried to do that got page not
> found on one of the groups, and not very meaningful, recent entries on
> key word sco
> i am assuming a lot of these problems are sco releated, because havent
> had any problems running apache, php, postgres on linux, if i cant get
> this running on sco my client gets my laptop running linux, untill i can
> come up with apache + php + sql database on sco :(
>
> will try more searchs but its deault config, and it is being parsed,
> hacked it once mad typo gives me syntax error, removed hacks no syntax
> error but access denied
>
> sorry to be such a pest, for being on the mailing list for only a few
> hours now, but the response and help ive got has been great, god i love
> open source code
>
> thanks in advance Arno

I assume 7.0.3 of PG...

Apply the following patch in src/backend/libpq:

*** pqcomm.c.old Thu May 25 20:26:19 2000
--- pqcomm.c Sun Nov 12 12:03:25 2000
***************
*** 354,359 ****
--- 354,361 ----
perror("postmaster: StreamConnection: accept");
return STATUS_ERROR;
}
+ if (port->raddr.sa.sa_family == 0)
+ port->raddr.sa.sa_family = AF_UNIX;

/* fill in the server (local) address */
addrlen = sizeof(port->laddr);
--
Larry Rosenman http://www.lerctr.org/~ler
Phone: +1 972-414-9812 E-Mail: ler(at)lerctr(dot)org