PHP and persistent connections

From: GH <grasshacker(at)over-yonder(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PHP and persistent connections
Date: 2000-11-23 03:10:55
Lists: pgsql-novice

I remember seeing something about issues with PHP
using Postgrs persistent connections. I have been unable to find anything
in the archives.

I have been having a problem where backend processes become dedicated to
a persistent connection and do not die. I do not know if this is caused
by something in PHP or not.

I am using pg_pconnect for the connections.
Is there a solution to this?
(By the way, kill-ing the backends is NOT a solution. ;-))

This is running 7.0.2 on FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE and PHP 4.0.3pl1.

Any suggestions?
Eventually, the maximum number of backends is started and the message
"Sorry, too many clients..." is displayed.

I thank you all for your assistance.

gh
.