DESC

From: Mike Castle <dalgoda(at)ix(dot)netcom(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: DESC
Date: 2000-11-21 18:58:44
Lists: pgsql-novice
Not just a pgsql novice, but an SQL novice in general.

Is there an equivalent for the SQL command DESC for listing the columns
and their various types?  (I've played around with Oracle's sqlplus stuff
a very little bit and this is command existed there and from I've seen
so far, should be an ANSI standard.)

I looked through the email archives and didn't see anything.

Oh, dear.  I just went to check again, and off of the User's Lounge, the
General Information link (http://www.postgresql.org/gen-info.html) just
gave me a 404 error.  Someone reorganizing?

Anyway, I've pondered writing such a thing, and decided to look at how
pg_dump figures things out and quickly decided to ask first.

Thanks,
mrc
--
       Mike Castle       Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly
  dalgoda(at)ix(dot)netcom(dot)com  and be right all the time, or not work at all

  • Re: DESC at 2000-11-21 23:28:06 from Rynell Wesson
  • Re: DESC at 2000-11-22 01:01:27 from Paul M Foster

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: jacquesDate: 2000-11-21 19:36:45