Migrating from 6.3.2 to 6.5

From: Mário Jorge Nunes Filipe <mjnf(at)uevora(dot)pt>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Migrating from 6.3.2 to 6.5
Date: 2000-11-20 10:33:59
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi

I'm migrating a database from an older system to a newer one.

I'm dumping the old database on a table by table basis so that reloading
becomes easier. The problem is that some of these tables have special
characters in it (like áàãóõçÇ etc) and there are some (not all) registers
wich fail to load.

Does anyone have a clue why this happens? A way to fix it...

Thanks.

P.S. I'm not sending any samples here, but i can do that if necessary.

Thanks
--
        Mario Filipe
        mjnf(at)uevora(dot)pt

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Francis SolomonDate: 2000-11-20 11:43:06