Re: Coping with 'C' vs 'newC' function language namesh

From: "Ross J(dot) Reedstrom" <reedstrm(at)rice(dot)edu>
To: Philip Warner <pjw(at)rhyme(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, mlw <markw(at)mohawksoft(dot)com>, "'Marko Kreen'" <marko(at)l-t(dot)ee>, Zeugswetter Andreas SB <ZeugswetterA(at)wien(dot)spardat(dot)at>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Coping with 'C' vs 'newC' function language namesh
Date: 2000-11-16 15:32:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Nov 16, 2000 at 04:16:26PM +1100, Philip Warner wrote:

> and possibly,
>
> Create Module foo_mod from library 'path-to-lib';
>
> The idea being to only store whe function signature and enough details to
> get to the info-function. If 'Create Module' were allowed, then it would
> automatically create appropriate function definitions when the statement
> was executed.

Phil - be careful with the nomenclature. We've got another naming collision,
here. SQL9[29] talk about modules, which may or may not be related to what
your suggesting here.

Ross
--
Open source code is like a natural resource, it's the result of providing
food and sunshine to programmers, and then staying out of their way.