Moving Databases

From: Paul M Foster <paulf(at)quillandmouse(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Moving Databases
Date: 2000-11-16 04:55:11
Lists: pgsql-novice

I had a database in a prior installation of pg. I saved all the files in
the pg subdirs. I've reinstalled pg (6.5.3) fresh on a RH6.2 machine,
and have told pg to create a new database of the same name as the old
one. Then I moved all the old files on top of the new ones I'd created.
Postgresql won't see the tables or anything.

So the question is (assuming you have databases of the same version of
pg), if you haven't "dumped" the contents of a database, is there any
way for postgresql to access it anyway?

Paul M. Foster