Re: Relation 'pg_user' does not exist

From: Matt Beauregard <matt(at)designscape(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Relation 'pg_user' does not exist
Date: 2000-11-08 23:54:05
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 06:45:15PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Matt Beauregard <matt(at)designscape(dot)com(dot)au> writes:
> >> Hmm, did you do something silly like delete pg_user?
>
> > No... I have no idea where the table went. Which database do I need
> > to connect to in order to recreate it? I tried recreating it in
> > template1 and got a set of interesting errors about also missing
> > pg_views.
>
> Ugh, something's more hosed than I thought, then. What do you get
> from "select * from pg_class" in template1?

65 rows of stuff, including
pg_user | 0 | 70 | 0 |
0 | 0 | 0 | f | f | r |
8 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | f
| t |
pg_rules | 0 | 70 | 0 |
0 | 0 | 0 | f | f | r |
3 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | f
| t |
pg_views | 0 | 70 | 0 |
0 | 0 | 0 | f | f | r |
3 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | f
| t |

--
Matt Beauregard
Information Technology Operations, DesignScape

Ph: +61 2 9361 4233 Fx: +61 2 9361 4633