Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/contrib/pg_dumpaccounts (Makefile README pg_dumpaccounts.sh))

From: Jan Wieck <janwieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Ned Lilly <ned(at)greatbridge(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Jan Wieck <janwieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/contrib/pg_dumpaccounts (Makefile README pg_dumpaccounts.sh))
Date: 2000-11-06 09:24:04
Lists: pgsql-committerspgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Also, seems like it is hidden enough in /contrib for it to stay.  While
> I would not have added it myself, I do not feel strongly enough to
> remove Jan's commit.  However, I am not going to mention it in the 7.0.3
> release notes.
>
> I want it removed from 7.1 /contrib.  I will do that now myself.

    Need to apologize for all the trouble caused.

    My  approach  was to meet the documentations deadline of Mark
    Cotton, while making it as  easy,  safe  and  7.0.3  vs.  7.1
    compatible.  I  know  that  it'll not stand the test of time.
    Finally (with roles) we need to develop a real solution,  but
    this was IMHO better than void (what we had before).

    Due  to  my  current crazy situation, there was no time for a
    discussion, so I decided just not to touch any existing  code
    (not a single byte) and put it in as a separate script, MEANT
    to be removed subsequently again.

Jan