cvs problems solved

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Ian Lance Taylor <ian(at)airs(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: cvs problems solved
Date: 2000-11-04 21:37:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Remember the CVS problems I had grabbing the logs from just one branch
of cvs?

Well, it turns out it is a cvs bug. CVS is fine with showing logs from
just a branch iff the file existed when the branch was created. For
post-branch files like pgsql/GNUmakefile.in, you see all changes.

I received e-mails from the cvs 'log' maintainer, which are attached.
He explained the problem and gave me a workaround. He is going to try
and get the bug fixed.

I have modified pgcvslog to show the workaround, and have attached the
output. Seems cvs2cl works around this problem somehow.